Friday, April 1, 2016

Introduction

The first thing that I want to do is introduce myself to you guys and give you some interesting facts about me. I’ll start with my name which, is N’Dea it is phonetically pronounced India. I recently found out its Irish and it means good. I am a freshman student at Wayne State University. I enjoy singing and shopping the typical girl things and I am also a God-Fearing woman.  I am the oldest of five children, I have two sisters and two brothers. Something different about me is that I don’t like animals unless they are really small and adorable dogs.
As a kid I have always wanted to visit Africa. With that being said this blog will be all about exploring South Africa from fun and interesting things to more in depth things like the way their culture is viewed compared to Americans and their culture.  Before I go any further I must start by saying that Africa is a continent and not a country.
Since you already got a little introduction about who I am, I figured I would give you an introduction of South Africa as well. The country is located on the southernmost tip of Africa (hence the name South Africa). It is the 25th largest country in the world by land area. It is a multiethnic society, it has a wide variety of languages, religions and cultures.  Although there is many languages there are eleven official languages. About 80% of South Africans are Sub-Saharan African (south of the Sahara desert). The country is ranked as upper-middle class by the World Bank. I’ll leave you guys with an interesting fact about South Africa which is the drivers in South Africa use the left-hand side of the road in South Africa.
Stay tuned for the next blog post.
Peace,Love,Respect, and South Africa

N’Dea

No comments:

Post a Comment